In accordance with the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act (PSCTA), Public sector bodies are required to make public the names and compensation paid to:
• employees who earn over $129,809; and
• all councilors regardless of the amount earned.
This is a requirement under the PSCTA, which applies to:
• agencies, boards and commissions governed by the Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act, except those entities exempt by regulation;
• independent offices of the Legislature;
• employees of Covenant Health; and
• other entities identified in the regulations.
Under the PSCTA and its regulation, the current KID Council is exempt from compensation disclosure because of the proportion of appointed (2) and elected (4) members.