FRAP – Firefighter Residency Apprenticeship Program
Kananaskis Emergency Services is offering an exciting new opportunity for highly motivated individuals looking to enter the fire service, obtain internationally accredited certification and obtain valuable experience working for a municipal fire department. Standard fire training programs can cost thousands to complete. Not only is all of the training provided at NO COST, you will be compensated for your time during training, on calls and during duty shifts.
Training in the heart of the Rockies, participants of FRAP will work through an 18-month program to obtain:
- NFPA 1001 Level I & II*
- ICS100 Introduction to the Incident Command System
- Restricted Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification (ROC-A)
- NFPA 472 Awareness & Operations*
- NFPA 1002 Driver Operator & Pumper*
- Standard First Aid / CPR-HCP
- 80-Hour First Medical Responder (FMR) training
*Programs are IFSAC & ProBOARD accredited through the Alberta Office of the Fire Commissioner
Firefighters train an average of 30 hours per month, totaling over 500 hours by the time the program is complete.
In addition, once basic training is complete, Firefighters will work 10 hours of duty shifts in station per month to further strengthen their knowledge and skills.
As a requirement for acceptance into the program, applications will be forwarded to our program partners at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis to obtain employment and residency within Kananaskis for the duration of the program. (Employment & residency are required for participation in the program). When completing your application, simply indicate on page 2 which areas within the hotel are of interest to you or that you may have experience or skills in. As part of your employment with Delta, you’ll be partnered up in staff accommodations with another member of our program. You will also have access to the great programs and amenities available to Delta staff.
Take the next step to start your fire service career!
Fill out our application form and return it by November 15th, 2016
Successful applicants will be contacted for our selection process:
- Meet & Greet Information Session
- An interview with Kananaskis Emergency Services & an interview with the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
- Physical Assessment
- Offer and records (criminal records checks, drivers abstract, doctors medical)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Alberta Driver’s License
- Reliable Vehicle
- Willing to move to Kananaskis
- Commitment to the program
Successful applicants will begin this program December 2016
For further questions please contact Gary Robertson at email@example.com or 403-591-7755